Have you ever bought a muffin that had maybe 3-4 blueberries? WHY?! Why would you call it a blueberry muffin if you skimp out on the main reason I am getting a BLUEBERRY muffin. If I order a blueberry muffin, I expect blueberries in every damn bite.
This is why I decided to bake them last Friday because I got tired of spending money on a plain muffin with just a dot of blueberry muffin.
These are super moist and PACKED with blueberries. I also threw in some lemon zest because these are my muffins so I get to do whatever I want with them. Oh and lemon and blueberries = heavenly.
Did I mention there’s no butter in this recipe? Yeah, no butter. I also filled the batter into the cups almost to the top because I wanted massive muffins. But you can totally do normal sizes if that’s what you’re into.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon (you can use less)
- 1 1/3 cups fresh blueberries (you can use frozen but make sure they are thawed)
- 1/3 cup neutral flavored oil. I used canola
- 3/4 cup milk. I used 2%. You may need additional tbsp or so of milk if the batter does not combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, zest and blueberries and whisk well
- In another bowl (I used a measuring cup), whisk the oil, egg and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. The batter will be lumpy but you want it that way. I had to add an additional tbsp of milk but you may not.
- Pour the batter into a lined muffin tin until 2/3 fill or almost to the top.
- Bake in a preheated 400F for about 25 minutes or until the center comes out clean when a toothpick is inserted
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and eat away!